For a quick and easy access to all your printers, there are 3 tabs available in Envision One RP.
- My Printers tab is intended for creating your selected printers list and allows you to easily find a necessary printer. Both online and offline printers are visible in this tab.
- Virtual Printers tab contains virtual printers.
- In the Network tab you can find all the online printers in the network. You can also add an online printer to the printers list via IP address.
How to add a printer to My Printers:
To add a printer to My Printers list:
1. Open the Network tab.
2. Select the printer from the list you would like to add to My Printers.
3. Click the selected printer.
→ The printer is added to My Printers tab.
What is a virtual printer?
To be able to generate a job file, it is necessary to select a printer. In some cases, it might be impossible to select a remote printer. In this case, you can select a virtual printer. Virtual printer allows you to generate a job file and save it locally.
- You cannot send your job file to a virtual printer.
- You cannot add a virtual printer to My Printers
- You cannot rename or delete a virtual printer.
To manage your printers in My Printers tab, hover the cursor over the printer:
- To change the printer’s name, click the pen icon.
- To delete a printer from My Printers tab, click the bin icon.
How to add a printer via IP-address:
1. Open the Network Printers tab.
2. Click Add Printer via IP Address.
3. Enter the printer’s IP address.
4. Click Add Printer.
→ The printer added via IP address is automatically added to My Printers tab.